Tuesday, August 6, 2013

Twinkling Trip to the Temple

Now, say that 12 times fast :)



You just tried, didn't you?

It's ok, I couldn't do it either.


Anyways, for our May's Relief Society Night Meeting (or whatever it's supposed to be called now..) we took a trip to the Bountiful Temple.

Since the night of was going to be relativity easy, I thought I'd do something a little more difficult for the invite.

Sugar Cookies.


Another one of my "brilliant ideas".

So I borrowed a SLC temple cookie cut-out from my mom (the other lady from 2 Ladies and a Blog), thinking the cookies were going to come out of the oven looking like a temple.


Oh was I wrong.  Verrrrry wrong.


To my dismay as soon as I opened the oven to pull the sheet out, somehow in those short 8 minutes my beautiful sugar cookie dough temples turned into what appeared to be Bear Claw Footprints.

Awesome.


So I took my spatula and helplessly tried to reshape these cookies that I've just spent like 4 hours on (that's just making the dough, rolling them out, shaping, and baking).

In the end the sisters figured out what they were... or maybe they were just being nice.  Who knows.





The cookies were bagged in those cheap fold-over sandwhich bags.  I cut the folded part on the 2 sides that connect it to fold -so that both sides were straight.  Tied with cheap curly ribbon.  Label was printed out on cardstock and hole punched with my wonderful mother-in-law's huge punch.

2 comments:

  1. Just found your blog and read this post first. I had to laugh at your humor! I am in Relief Society Presidency and I have to say that one of our issues is what DO you call those "use to be called Homemaking...enrichment activities" now. We were thinking of coming up with some cute name...but I don't know if that is something we really should do. But Relief Society weekly/monthly day/night meeting doesn't have a nice ring to it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. YOU ARE AWESOME and I love the great ideas you've shared! I'm not good at designing invitations and the blank ones you put on here are AMAZING!!! Your creativity and talents are amazing and thank you so much for sharing!!

    ReplyDelete